The rheumatic fever sector group
The rheumatic fever sector group (shown in the photo above) is committed to reducing rates of rheumatic fever in the Bay of Plenty and Lakes districts.
The sector teams meet together once per term to share information, resources and ideas.
The sector group consists of community health workers and nurses from:
- Bay of Plenty District Health Board
- Eastern Bay Primary Health Alliance
- Korowai Aroha
- Hinepukohurangi Trust
- Lakes District Health Board
- Ngāti Awa Social and Health Services
- Te Ika Whenua Hauora
- Te Puna Ora O Mataatua Charitable Trust
- Tūhoe Hauora
- Toi Te Ora Public Health
- Whakatōhea Iwi Social and Health Services
Heart Foundation 'Sore Throats Matter' Teaching Units
The Heart Foundation developed teaching units for years 1-8 based on the NZ school curriculum's Health and Physical Education plan.
The aim of the Teaching units is to increase awareness of rheumatic fever prevention to children and teachers in high risk populations of NZ.