5 Messages to Keep Your Family Healthy
The '5 messages to keep your family healthy' resources were developed as part of the Porirua Social Sector Trial. Toi Te Ora Public Health fully acknowledges and thanks Compass Health and Regional Public Health for their permission to use and promote this resource.
The aims of the '5 messages' are:
- To simplify key health messages in the community.
- To reduce hospitalisations for preventable diseases such as rheumatic fever and skin infections.
- To promote the 0800 Healthline number to help improve access to affordable health advice.
The '5 messages' pdfs are available in English and te reo Māori:
- 5 messages to keep your family healthy - English
- 5 messages to keep your family healthy - te reo Māori
Key links and resources for each of the 5 messages are listed below. If you require further information about any of these resources, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0800 221 555.
If you have a sore throat - get it checked
- Toi Te Ora rheumatic fever page
- Ministry of Health rheumatic fever learning resources
- Sore throats and rheumatic fever booklet
- Rheumatic fever visual aid
- Strep throat and antibiotics
Clean, Cut and Cover
Wash hands after going to the toilet
- Toi Te Ora hand hygiene page
- High 5 for clean hands poster - English
- High 5 for clean hands poster - te reo Māori
- Stop! Have you washed your hands
- 5 tips for clean hands - English
- 5 tips for clean hands - te reo Māori
- 5 tips for clean hands - Pictoral
- Wash your hands and stay well flip chart - English
- Wash your hands and stay well flip chart - te reo Māori
- Bookmarks - English
- Bookmarks - te reo Māori
Brush your teeth morning and night
- Healthy smiles
- It's easy to protect your family's smile - English
- It's easy to protect you family's smile - te reo Māori
- Brush your teeth chart - English and te reo Māori