Building Blocks was developed collaboratively with key stakeholders and was pilot-tested in eight ECEs. This co-design process ensured we developed a quality and sustainable resource that will meet the needs of ECEs and ultimately support the health and wellbeing of children, parents and whānau.
Building Blocks uses a fun and interactive building frame to achieve each Block that make up the tool, with each Block representing a key aspect of health.
The Blocks included in the tool are:
- Kai Time - Wā Kai
- Breastfeeding Friendly - He Pai te Wai Ū
- Smile - Menemene
- Let’s Move - Hūnuku Tāua
- Keep the Bugs at Bay – Kia Tūraha ai ngā Ngāngara
- Smokefree, 1, 2, 3 – Auahi Kore 1, 2, 3
- Fun in the Sun - Kia Koa i te Rā e Whiti ana
- Safe Play the Best Way - Kia Haumaru i te Ara Tōtika