Strategic Planning and Activities
Workforce development is not just about training and workshops. It includes a wide variety of elements including:
- Monitoring of workforce development trends and strategic planning
- Development of effective and efficient infrastructure to support workforce development
- Creation of learning cultures through critical and reflective practice
- Support and collaboration through group meetings and resource development
- Sharing of knowledge and opportunities.
What's happening nationally?
Te Uru Kahikatea
Te Uru Kahikatea is the Ministry of Health's Public Health Workforce Development plan, aimed at equipping the public health workforce for future industry and population challenges. Supporting this strategy is the TUK Māori Workplan and Taeao o Tautai, Pacific Public Health Workforce Development Implementation Plan. All of these plans have now completed their current lifecycle and are under review. Information on this review and existing plans can be found on the Ministry of Health website.
Public Health Workforce
In addition to this strategy, this Ministry of Health website offers further information and resources about public health workforce development at a national level.